// We exist in mere pixels and whimsy... // ...I'm Leia, a Sim from San Myshuno. I love all things fashion and I'm also the owner at Of Life and Pixels - home to my fashion brand, Leia Style. Coming Soon! I've opened my own modeling agency and the plan is to launch a magazine with all new LS CC in 2022!

Sunday, July 5, 2020

80s/90s Nostalgia





Some thoughts on design direction for Of Life and Pixels...

I've been thinking about adding some 80s/90s flair to Of Life and Pixels. It's funny how the styles you grew up with seem kinda - ew - for most of your life until you hit your 30s and then the nostalgia hits hard. Haha.

The designs will probably be subtle, like maybe some old school / analog doodles and geometric shapes here and there. Right now, my color palette is more pastel, but I'm thinking of changing up the tones a bit and maybe I can work some neon in for some vibrant flair.

I'm also considering making some 80s/90s CC for our Sims. It's all still in the planning stages, but I think it will be fun to bring some old styles, designs, and characters into the modern age in my own little way.

Some of my retro inspiration will come from Lisa Frank (I lived in a Lisa Frank world), Josie and the Pussycats, Jem and the Holograms, My Little Pony, Barbie and things like neon colors, scrunchies, animal print, records, mix tapes, rollerskates, etc.

♪♪ I wish I could go ♪ back to playing barbies in my room... ♪ - Pink



Here's an avatar I designed
that has a bit of the
80s aesthetic that I'm going for.
Sim // Nicole Kim.


Switter    Simstagram    Simblr    Flickr    Simterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

WIP // Tokidoki Barbie

Here is my next WIP! I <3 tokidoki and the sims so I decided to make a simified version of tokidoki barbie circa 2011. I'm working on...